Door Locks Not Working With Remote

I've just started to have a problem with my remote not locking or unlocking the right side front passenger door lock. Is there something I can check myself? Any ideas? The lock won't work even when using the lock mechinism on the door itself, so it's more than the remote.

Thanks in advance.

PG

I've just started to have a problem with my remote not locking or unlocking the right side front passenger door lock. Is there something I can check myself? Any ideas? The lock won't work even when using the lock mechinism on the door itself, so it's more than the remote.

Thanks in advance.

PG

Had the same problem: It was the lock actuator, needed to be replaced.

Is that something for the Dealer? Sounds expensive since I'm sure they take the door apart (lots of labor).

In my case I went to my trusty import mechanic, and he was able to find a used one for me. Installed cost me about $250. I did get a quote from myLocal lexus dealer, but I can't remeber what it was... I just remeber thinking "R U kidding me".

I've also had some problems with the remote not beeping when locking the doors but it only happened a few times and went back to beeping. Problem is with the passenger front door. It was taking 3-4 "unlocks" from the remote to unlock it, now it won't work at all even from the lock on the door. Wish I knew how to take the door panel off and get to the actuator so I coudl spray it and see if that would work.

My 2002 LS 430 Driver side door is doing the same thing. What a pain in the !Removed!. All doors will ununlock if my key is in the lock position but i have to manually unlock.

I will see if i can find a place online to buy one. What is the point in having the remote if it does not work on all four doors.

why does it only happen to one door I wonder?

1. Well it could be a stuck door lock motor. That would likely result in it not working for either open or close.
  2. It could be the linkage from the lock motor to the latch is out of place or bent
  3. It could be a broken wire in the door hinge (repeated flexing caused wire to break over time).

The broken wire could explain why you only get it working in one direction. The wire related to unlock may be broken. You could maybe try cycling the door lock and unlock with your key fob while wiggling the harness in the door hinge where the wires are. If it works sometimes while you are wiggling it they you have your clue. If that doesn’t pan out looks like you’ve got to take off the inner door panel and have a closer look.

If you listen very close to the faulty door can you hear the lock motor trying to work (suggesting jam) or is it completely silent (suggesting broken wire, or dead motor).

Well it sounds like you need to take off panel and get in there. Maybe just getting at motor and some spray on lube you can get it loosened up. The fact you can hear a faint click tells me the electrical portions are probably OK and its just stuck or a little jammed. I'd give you decent odds to be able to salvage this.

Well it sounds like you need to take off panel and get in there. Maybe just getting at motor and some spray on lube you can get it loosened up. The fact you can hear a faint click tells me the electrical portions are probably OK and its just stuck or a little jammed. I'd give you decent odds to be able to salvage this.

looks like my weekend plans just changed. i will update once i take a look.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Dealer replaced actuator............cost..........$605! Will be looking for another place to do my repairs (local Toyota Dealer possibly). I agreed to the cost before they replaced it because they have done over $1,200 in warranty work for me when I was actually out of warranty.