91 Ls400 Key With Alarm In It Where To Get One

dj90laser

Hey guys I have been looking all over to try to find a key with the alarm buttons on it for my 91 ls400 but havent had any luck :huh: . Does anyone know where I might be able to find one . And if so How to program it to the car . Thanks

Hey guys I have been looking all over to try to find a key with the alarm buttons on it for my 91 ls400 but havent had any luck :huh: . Does anyone know where I might be able to find one . And if so How to program it to the car . Thanks

As far as I know this is not possible.

The LS400 alarm activates itself according to what your manual tells you, and deactivates itself as the manual says as well. My original keys do not have a toggle for turning the alarm on or off. If you have the factory alarm and immobilizer on your vehicle, I don;t think you will find a different key than the standard "non alarm" key.

Well true the alarms on the LS are passive and activate no matter what when the doors are locked. whether you use the fob, push lock on the inside, or manually push in every lock.. the alarm will set. It's a very integrated setup.

I don't think the OP knew about the button on the key. A LOT of people don't even know it exists, but that's all there was on the 1st gen. There was no fob with LOCK/UNLOCK/TRUNK/PANIC

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, best to get an aftermarket door/alarm system. Dealer wanted to charge me $450-650 for new keys with remote button, and they said they would have to replace the sensor in the dash. Lots of aftermarket systems out there will allow you to have way more remote functions, including remote start, trunk pop, gascap pop, etc. You will pay anywhere from $250-$500 for alarm and installation, depending on how well you research your prices and how many functions you want it to have.