New Tires For 2007 Es350

PMM1975

Hello:

I need to replace my tires on my 07 ES350.

The Lexus dealer wants $220 per tire plus $140 for an alignment which means total cost to me is over $1,000.

I have checked prices at independent shops like STS Auto and Tire and Gemini Goodyear and their price is about $550 for 4 new tires and alignment. That's a huge price difference so I am considering NOT going to the Lexus dealership; however, when I asked the dealership for their opinion, the guy gave me a song and dance about how independent shops usually break the tire pressure monitoring system on the wheels.

I am wondering if anyone has any experiences going to independent tire shops for tire replacements.

Also I am considering getting the Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread P215/55R17. Any opinions on these?

Thanks!

Year's ago that was a problem, but now I'm sure that any decent tire dealer is aware of car's that use a tire pressure monitoring system and have tire mounting equipment to avoid breaking the sensors. Just to be sure, I'd speak to the tire dealer and tell them your concerns.

I have had tires installed at Costco on my 07 LS460 as well as on my wifes 07 ES350. They did an excellent job and did not damage the sensors. Any major tire shop should be capable of doing the same. The local Lexus dealer wants $50 per tire for mounting and balance which is way too expensive.

Thanks Guys! that is what i thought. I usually go to the dealer for everything but with the economy in the toilet, I am looking for ways to save every dollar that I can. I really appreciate the feedback. Hop you both have a great weekend. Thanks again.

Yeah I'd never take the car to the dealer for tires...

You might want to check out www.tirerack.com and price out the tires you want. It may be cheaper. I've bought tires at Costco and was happy.

The TripleTreds are too aggressive and noisy a tire for a Lexus IMHO. I have the Michelin Primacy MXV4s on mine now and love them, very smooth and quiet with good wet and snow traction. You can get them installed for $550 or so if you shop, you'll be a lot happier with them. Your car has Michelin MXV4 S8s on it now, the Primacy is a much better tire.

Yeah I'd never take the car to the dealer for tires...

You might want to check out www.tirerack.com and price out the tires you want. It may be cheaper. I've bought tires at Costco and was happy.

The TripleTreds are too aggressive and noisy a tire for a Lexus IMHO. I have the Michelin Primacy MXV4s on mine now and love them, very smooth and quiet with good wet and snow traction. You can get them installed for $550 or so if you shop, you'll be a lot happier with them. Your car has Michelin MXV4 S8s on it now, the Primacy is a much better tire.

I also put on the Michelin Primacy which I bought at NTB for about $125 each. The ride is excellent, no noise and very smooth. No problems at all with the prerssure monitors.

thanks so much! i am gonna go with the Michelins. I am getting quotes from around $191-241 per tire installed. THANKS!!!

I am in the same boat as you. I enquired in couple of places.

Costco

Michelin

Energy MXV4 S8 - 185.99

Pilot Alpin PA3 - 180.99

BFGoodRich

Advantage - 124.99

Presently they have a promotion of $70 off for four tires. I am not sure how much they charge for alignment though.

NTB

YOKOhama - 132.99

Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 - 191.99

Falcon - 163

One year wheel alignment program is 109.99

BJ's was quoting at about 115 for Michelin ones. I am not sure which one should I go with. Is BFGoodRich good?

Don't buy the MXV4 S8, what you want is the Primacy MXV4...different tires. Better treadwear, quieter and smoother with better grip and actually cheaper.

Don't buy the MXV4 S8, what you want is the Primacy MXV4...different tires. Better treadwear, quieter and smoother with better grip and actually cheaper.

Thanks for replying. Do you get Primacy in Costco? How much do they charge for alignment.

Thanks again

Thanks for replying. Do you get Primacy in Costco? How much do they charge for alignment.

Thanks again

I got a life time alignment from Firestone for about $125. I get all tires aligned every 6,000 miles (same time the oil is changed). The tire rotations are free when you buy the tires from NTD, and most other tire dealers too.

They have them at Costco I think. My Costco doesn't do alignments.

Having an alignment done every 6k miles is totally overkill and a waste of money IMHO. Maybe once a year...definately with new tires but every 6k miles is unneccisary.

They have them at Costco I think. My Costco doesn't do alignments.

Having an alignment done every 6k miles is totally overkill and a waste of money IMHO. Maybe once a year...definately with new tires but every 6k miles is unneccisary.

Alignment every 6,000 miles may be overkill......but each alignment is free when you purchase Firestone's lifetime alignment which they sell for about $125. So why not use it and make sure the car is always in good alignment.

• 1 month later...

Just took delivery of CPO 2007 ES350. Dealer had put new tires on... Falken Ziex. Seem terrific on highway driving... very quiet. Will post back to update on wear. I'm a heavy driver (35K/year!) so should see before too long. On my '99 ES300 I was very happy with Toyo Proxes from local tire shop with price, treadware and handling.

• 1 month later...

Costo would not install the Primacy tire on my ES350 (since the OEM was "V" rated and the Primacy is "H"), so I went to Mr. Tire and I have an appointment for Tuesday. $164 per tire with mounting/balance/TMPS transfer (minus tax). This is the best price I found around here in DC. NTB/Merchants and others were higher <_< :angry: . Thanks for all the input, it is very helpful. B)