Sick Ls400

sundaymorn

My 93 ls400 started running really bad. Mechanic said that the cats were burned out. I changed them, but it runs the same. It still has no power and smells bad. No one seems to know whats wrong with it. One mechanic thinks that its the ecm, but I changed it several months ago and when it went out the check engine light and the trac light came on. The dang thing shows no codes. Any one have any ideas.

My 93 ls400 started running really bad. Mechanic said that the cats were burned out. I changed them, but it runs the same. It still has no power and smells bad. No one seems to know whats wrong with it. One mechanic thinks that its the ecm, but I changed it several months ago and when it went out the check engine light and the trac light came on. The dang thing shows no codes. Any one have any ideas.

Try thre "incomplete combustion" section

diag.pdf

Ask your tech if he has an auto detective black box. It's a digital event data recorder that connects through your obd port. It will record various parameters while you're driving and usually has a red button you press if you need to, in the event of a malfunction, so they can pinpoint the event and compare data before and after. After you've driven with it installed, it's removed and connected to a pc to read the data.

Btw, I agree with ls400, good pdf Ian. Everyone should find it usefull and have it handy.