O2 Sensors On Ebay

IanRShearer

If anyone is wondering if the £15 o2 sensors on Ebay are any good, I have just fitted 2 today, the car is ticking over slower, 700rpm, and pickup is better

Stopping at the lights is no longer a fight between the engine and the brakes

Well worth the effort to install ! :D

I had error codes 21 and 28

item 250338140783 sensors

The right hand one is very awkward, it is not as per the photos at http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/mainoxygensensor.html

as that's a L/H drive

this spanner helps:-

item 260413467112 socket /spanner

The wire colours are different,

white/ black

white / black

black / blue

grey / white

If anyone is wondering if the £15 o2 sensors on Ebay are any good, I have just fitted 2 today, the car is ticking over slower, 700rpm, and pickup is better

Stopping at the lights is no longer a fight between the engine and the brakes

Well worth the effort to install ! :D

I had error codes 21 and 28

item 250338140783 sensors

The right hand one is very awkward, it is not as per the photos at http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/mainoxygensensor.html

as that's a L/H drive

this spanner helps:-

item 260413467112 socket /spanner

The wire colours are different,

white/ black

white / black

black / blue

grey / white

Uh, sorry guys, I meant to post this on the UK site, but maybe you can get them on Ebay in the US too...

Buying a cheap o2 is better than having an old o2.

I hope it was a denso so the values will match the ecu to provide the best readings .

As they all are not created equal.

There a bit anonymous, no markings at all. I will only be keeping the car a year or two, so don't want to make a big investment in it. Working better than the probably 17 year old ones that were in there.

I thought the outputs for differnt makes would all be to one standard- apparently not?

o2 sensors was one of the first jobs I did on my LS. Definitely go with Denso if you can, in Manitoba, Canada here, the local UAP/NAPA had me priced at $400(yes, four hundred) for EACH o2 sensor(front position), they were Denso OEM. I got a set from an ebay seller in florid new for $19 US a piece, and I also ordered a "universal" set as well. The universals were both wy off fromt he appropriate resistance readings, and were also far different from eachother. The Denso's were both exactly where they should be, and were almost identical with eachother as well.

I got denso universals as well from ebay and that was for the ones after the cat .

For pre cat i would 100% never use anything but denso's.

The variablity of the data stream is not something i would trust to another type.