Starting Problem.. Need Help

khmerxrom3o

Hi Guys,

Im having a problem starting problem with my IS.. Im able to start the car in the morning but when the weather heats up i am unable to start the car. A new battery and starter were replace and the problem still occurs. Can it be my spark plugs are going out? Or maybe my fuel pump?

Have you done a scan on the car? If not I would scan it and see if you get any events and codes. It sounds like it could be an MAF/IAT sensor, but thats just the beginning of the line.

Yeh I just did one and it give me 0 codes, 5 ready misfire, o2 snr, o2 htr and fuel comp.. Don't have any ideas what that means

I would check the fuel pressure then. There's a check valve in the fuel pump that stops the pressure bleed down. or it could be the fuel pump itself. Although I'm having a problem attaching the warm air vs. cold air starting to that.

It's in the fuel pump itself which is located in the fuel tank. Your going to have to pop the back seat out, Just lift up really hard on the lower seat section, it pops out in the upwards direction. On the driver side you'll see an access panel. The fuel pump is directly underneath that.