Environmental Protection Plus

Hi,

I am about to pick up my 2010 RX 350 tomorrow. I've been looking all over the internet for suggestions as to if I should select any of the optional packages that are being offered specially the environmental protection plus, which pretty much takes care of the paint of your car, if it comes off for whatever reason. The cost is about $800.

Has anyone gotten this option and benefited from it?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

i got that lexcare *BLEEP*!! i told my mom it was just bs but she didn't believe me. the stupid sale man brain wash my mom. i told her it is totally useless. but ya i got the lexcare. you do feel the differnt but i still feel it is just wax. we'll sese how it feels after i wash the car.

What you get from the dealer on this stuff is an extra warranty on the finish and it costs you big dollars. Lexus paint is at least 8 stage paint and not particularly subject to wear if treated well. That stuff they sell you is just expensive wax, and guess what. You have to re-apply it yourself anyway. In fact, wash with any kind of soap and you start taking the stuff off. Save yourself the bucks - clay bar your car, seal the paint yourself with a glaze, and put some wax on it. You'll be $750 bucks ahead.