Lexusownersclub/priuschat Market Concept Test

mhawkin1

Hello all,

I have been a member of PriusChat/LexusOwnersClub for years and find the opinions posted on both sites greatly intuitive. As I trust your opinions, I would like to ask a couple questions as a concept test relating to my final MBA class.

1. If there were a reputable consultant that you could contact to help you determine the best car for you; find that car; negotiate the best price via any number of dealers; secure the deal and lastly be available if you ever had problems with the dealer in the future (e.g. warranty work) – would you be in the market for such a service/would you seek out such a service? (Yes, No)

2. Would it be more appealing to you if the charge was a percentage of the overall price or a flat fee? (Flat Fee/ Percentage)

3. At what price point would you seek out this service (or at what price would the service be appealing)? $250; $500; $750; $1,000

4. Similarly, at what price point would you refute such a service (or at what price point would the service be unattractive)? $250; $500; $750; $1,000

5. In your opinion what would be the best avenue for reputable advertising?

(I appreciate your time and will only leave this post up for a week to collect data – thanks so much.)

Hello all,

I have been a member of PriusChat/LexusOwnersClub for years and find the opinions posted on both sites greatly intuitive. As I trust your opinions, I would like to ask a couple questions as a concept test relating to my final MBA class.

1. If there were a reputable consultant that you could contact to help you determine the best car for you; find that car; negotiate the best price via any number of dealers; secure the deal and lastly be available if you ever had problems with the dealer in the future (e.g. warranty work) – would you be in the market for such a service/would you seek out such a service? (Yes, No)

2. Would it be more appealing to you if the charge was a percentage of the overall price or a flat fee? (Flat Fee/ Percentage)

3. At what price point would you seek out this service (or at what price would the service be appealing)? $250; $500; $750; $1,000

4. Similarly, at what price point would you refute such a service (or at what price point would the service be unattractive)? $250; $500; $750; $1,000

5. In your opinion what would be the best avenue for reputable advertising?

(I appreciate your time and will only leave this post up for a week to collect data – thanks so much.)

1. NO

2. neither

3. none

4. 1.00

5. go get a real job, this is for friends helping friends, because we love our LS's.

How much did Eternal Life cost you.....

blessings.. bp

What you are describing sounds much like an automobile brokerage service....which I think were much more popular before the internet.

I have a couple of friends who bought cars through brokers back in the 1990s, but I never have and will not plan on doing so. I really don't know if that many auto brokerage companies still exist....I sure haven't heard of one in a while.

Now that the internet makes it so easy to shop for vehicles, I think it is probably an obsolete business anyway. Hopefully that answers your question.