Why Necessary To Turn Off Ventilated Seats When Parking

peteanello

I am wondering why the manual states to set the dial to "O" when the engine is not running.

With the ventilated seats on, you can hear the fan blowing and the fan turns off when you turn the engine off; even if you leave the dial on high.

So, how does the battery get discharged by leaving this in the on position?

I'm almost afraid to use it now, because I may forget to turn it off when I park.

This is from the manual:

3-6. Other interior features

NOTICE

To prevent battery discharge

Set the dial to 0 when the engine is not running.

incase you leave it in the acc position it will kill the battery faster.

That makes sense....thanks. I wish they would have clarified that in the manual.

Actually, the heat/ventilated seats are NOT activated in the accessory position! The manual is not very clear in this respect.

What they actually mean is, when the ignition is in the "on" position, without the engine running, you should turn off this control("0" position) to prevent discharging the battery. As an example, if it's left in the heating position it draws a lot of electrical current because of the heating elements in the seats. In the "ventilated" position it draws less current, but they mention to leave it in the "off" position just to be safe.