Help On Removing A '99 Ls400 Cd Changer ?

lowlytech

1st time poster/lexus owner. First off we really do enjoy this car, its great, but the cd changer stopped playing all disks, it just makes noises like it tries to reread the cd's. Well no problem I thought, I just went online and got a complete replacement CD changer unit from another '99 LS400. Now I have looked at the trim and the glove box and I took some screws out from under the cd changer unit, but for the life of me I am afraid to pull to hard on the trim piece or figure out how this cd changer is suppose to come out. Anyone have any recommendations or pointers to get me started as I am kinda up against a stopping point here. Thanks again for any input with this issue...

I assume you made sure that all the CD labels were facing downward in the cartridge and that the cartridge has no broken parts and that you tried another cartridge ... and that you are not using CD's with stick on labels.

Here are some instructions on ClubLexus that might help: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400-foru...sc-changer.html

I removed the glovebox in my 00 LS400 back in early 2004 when installing a phone kit but I don't remember how ... I don't remember it being difficult to do.

Yeah we went over and made sure the cd's were facing the correct way. The cdplayer started not playing one day out of the blue, then it would the next day. It did this for about 3 days and then it just stopped all together. I don't have another cartridge to try but the one we have appears to be functioning no different than when it did work. I will check out the link above, I just didn't want to break the wood trim or force something that wasn't suppose to come loose.

allright, after fiddling with the glove box and finding the trap doors with bolts behind them I managed to get the old cd changer out. However I have a new question from this. The replacement cd changer I got on ebay that was for this model of car but has some strange accessory box mounted to the back. The old one I took off does not. Now the model numbers are one digit off too. Can I just take off this accessory box and plug it in the car where the accs. box plugged in? The old changer is CDX-M9076ZT, the new one is CDX-P9176ZT. Thanks...

picture

I went ahead and tried the new player without the Nakamichi addon and the main radio console will do nothing when you press CD. I hooked the old one back up and it will change to CD but it will never successfully read the cd. You can hear what sounds like the laser servo move back and forth continually like it can't read the cd. The connection will not plug into the Nakamichi addon cause it is a tad bit different on the pins, but I get nothing with this box removed. Should this have worked removing the addon? I guess I need to know if I need to contact the seller of this cdchanger or if you guys think a new CD cartridge should be tried first? It will load the cd from the cartridge and it shows disk 1 or whatever on the display, but the player will never start running.

allright, after fiddling with the glove box and finding the trap doors with bolts behind them I managed to get the old cd changer out. However I have a new question from this. The replacement cd changer I got on ebay that was for this model of car but has some strange accessory box mounted to the back. The old one I took off does not. Now the model numbers are one digit off too. Can I just take off this accessory box and plug it in the car where the accs. box plugged in? The old changer is CDX-M9076ZT, the new one is CDX-P9176ZT. Thanks...

picture

That is always the problem when someone buys from an unknown source <_<