Mirrors

mdg2050

I have a 2000 model year lx470 with power mirror issues. The mirrors do not work properly, both mirrors will collapse and expand, however the driver side only partially works (from left to right-not up and down) when the switch is set to the center position. The passenger mirror will not move at all (besides collapsing when activated), I have replaced the mirror switch and computer module (in drive side door), but problem continues. I don't know what else to do! I am already out $420! Will anyone please give me their thoughts or remedies?

Thanks,

:cries:

I have a 2000 model year lx470 with power mirror issues. The mirrors do not work properly, both mirrors will collapse and expand, however the driver side only partially works (from left to right-not up and down) when the switch is set to the center position. The passenger mirror will not move at all (besides collapsing when activated), I have replaced the mirror switch and computer module (in drive side door), but problem continues. I don't know what else to do! I am already out $420! Will anyone please give me their thoughts or remedies?

Thanks,

:cries:

Haa in a way it's funny because I have the exact opposite problem. The mirrors themselves work perfectly but sometimes the passenger side will not collapse when the button is pressed. Sometimes it needs a little extra help. If I manually collapse it and reopen it usually works 1 or 2 times before I have to help it along. I'm like to get it fixed. Does anyone know how much that costs? As far as tiny electric parts for this truck go, I am going to make an educated guess at around 800.00 each. Anyone know for sure?

I may sound stupid, but just check out your Service records initially whether the mirror defect which had occured in the earlier models, they had TSB issued for a replacement of a part, check it out has it been done. Here is the TSB for it then which was issued. Hope it helps

LX470_REAR_VIEW_MIRROR_TSB.pdf