Drilling Sound From Dash

Hello,

New to this club. Looking over alot of topics grest stuff. I have a 99 rx300 140,000 miles. She runs great. This week the car starting making a humming drilling sound form the radio consol area. What is this from? Not all the time 5 times for the last week.

Thanks agin for the great club.

Jeff

Hello,

New to this club. Looking over alot of topics grest stuff. I have a 99 rx300 140,000 miles. She runs great. This week the car starting making a humming drilling sound form the radio consol area. What is this from? Not all the time 5 times for the last week.

Jeff

Try selecting different modes for the ac/heat vents, then turn the temp knob hot then cold. More than likely it's the servo that controls vent placement and its getting stuck at the upper vent position. See if it stops when you select it to the both, defrost, or lower vent mode.

There are two servos and they are located behind the left hand side of the glove box.

Hello,

Jeff

Try selecting different modes for the ac/heat vents, then turn the temp knob hot then cold. More than likely it's the servo that controls vent placement and its getting stuck at the upper vent position. See if it stops when you select it to the both, defrost, or lower vent mode.

There are two servos and they are located behind the left hand side of the glove box.

Thanks for the rely. Next time it does this I'll try your sugestions. Does it matter if the a/c is off when it does this, or does the servos have a mind of there own?

Hello,

Jeff

Thanks for the rely. Next time it does this I'll try your sugestions. Does it matter if the a/c is off when it does this, or does the servos have a mind of there own?

Doesn't matter if it's the on AC, fan, or off. With the auto mode off, the servos should work based upon directed position via the temp knob and/or vent push button.