Sagging Sun Visor

It's me again. I seem to have this insatiable urge to "fix" all the little broken stuff on my 96 ES300. My driver side sun visor is sagging - doesn't return fully to the locked closed position. Anyone got any idea how to fix this? I'm kinda tall and this is really starting to bug me. I'm hoping that there's a way around purchasing a new visor.

I think your best bet will be eBay or an auto recycler. I believe the 93-96 ES's are all the same and the sun visors should be interchangeable across those years. If not, find one you like and replace both sides. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
my mechanic opened the fabric near the sagging visor, put in a screw and sewed it back up. Didn't even charge me it was so simple.

Sounds interesting . . . not quite sure how this is done from your description. Can you get into more detail? Did you mean that your mechanic removed the visor and opened the material on the visor (where the visor post goes through) and tapped into the post with a screw to make the fit more snug? I can't imagine how this is done. Do you think this is something that an auto upolstery shop can do? Maybe a shop that fixes/replaces headliners? Your thougbts and assistance? Thanks.

• 2 years later...

If the hinge is intact, but just won't hold the visor in place, you can attach a small strip of adhesive-backed velcro to the upper inside corner of the visor where it meets the headliner. I used about 1" wide by 2" long.