Newbie Mistake

to make a long story short i decided to do my first oil change myself. and i got under there and drained the transmission pan by accident :blushing:

then i went ahead thinking i drained oil and put 5 quarts into my engine. i then thought i was done and went to go to work...i put it in reverse and it toook about 5 seconds to engage which i thought was weird...then i backed out into the street and popped into D and sat and waited for about 10 seconds went by until it slammed into gear...i took about around the block and it was just awful shifting for lack of a better word. so i realized wat i did and put 2 quarts of tranny fluid in and bought 5 more quarts of oil..now everything appears to be fine. the tranny shifts beautifully.

however, the problem is every morning when i back out into the street. it stillll takes a while to engage when i put it in drive. its definetly longer than normal which upsets me...tranny fluid level is fine. wats wrong? = [

to continue the story, i noticed a small puddle of tranny fluid every time i parked somewhere which bothered me a lot. so i was down an additional quart of tranny fluid by this time. i put that in, and with a socket wrench tightened the bolt as much as i could. as of now tranny shifts fine. doesnt take any abnormal time to get in gear, and there are no more puddles.

:D