Need Advise Buying A Gs

Hi all,

First timer here...previously owned a benz coupe, now trying to switch to a GS sedan...I am currently looking for a used 00 - 04 GS400/430. Does anyone know if there's any known or common problem for these models? Anything I need to look, test or pay attention when buying this car?

Thanks in advance.

ANYONE?????

Hi all,

First timer here...previously owned a benz coupe, now trying to switch to a GS sedan...I am currently looking for a used 00 - 04 GS400/430. Does anyone know if there's any known or common problem for these models? Anything I need to look, test or pay attention when buying this car?

Thanks in advance.

There were slight revisions in 2001. Try google or search the forum, I couldnt list them all right now but they are small. Eg, different tail lights.

Great cars to own. Again you can search the forums or google for problems and such, but remember that most people come here because they want to solve small problems, not because these cars are problem prone.

If i had to put one thing up I deal with is wheel vibration between 60 & 75 mph. This is common and there are a number of posts you can search to become more educated about it...& many tips to reslove also.

I can not see how you would be upset with a solid 2nd gen GS..

Check the car as you would any other. Check door locks, windows, leaks through seals, color & pannels in line w. one another ect..

• 4 months later...
ANYONE?????
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

The only problem with the GS series is that you find yourself looking for reasons to drive it B) :cheers::cheers::cheers:

The only problem with the GS series is that you find yourself looking for reasons to drive it B) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

God that is true...the only thing i like to slip into more than my car is......aaaahhhheemmm ya know...and sometimes that isnt as fun a ride!!!