Transmission Solenoid Check Engine Light-ignore?

I have a 1998 ES 300 with 145k miles. The check engine light has been on over a year and over 25k miles. when you interrogate it it says its the shift(transmission solenoid).

Lexus tried flushing the tranny fluis several times saying that usually fixes it but didn't.

I don't want to spend the $1k+ to fix it on this older car.

It has run just fine and no shifting or other problem.

Anyone have any expereince to say that it WILL cause problems down the line and should be fixed now OR that I can get another year or two out of it without problem since I already have gotten 25k miles and over a year so far with no problem?

Thanks

John

Has the car been shifting fine? I just posted a problem with my car where the O/D would engage and disengage. Otherwise, my car shifts fine, but won't get good gas mileage on the highway.

I would wonder if the shift solenoid, being electronic, has an external wiring connector that is corroded and not making a really good contact. If this is the case, its possible that just cleaning up the connector with electrical contact cleaner spray would solve your problem, followed by a clearing of the fault codes. I don't know for certain, but it sure wouldn't take much to find out. Good Luck!