Paint Peeling On Mirror Brackets

I have seen some posts from folks who have had peeling paint problems, but they appear to be back from 2004. My 2005 ES 330 with ~73k miles is suffering from this issue. The passenger side mirror is worse, but the driver side is starting to peel. Has anyone had this problem with a newer Lexus, 2003 etc? If so what have you been able to find out from your dealer or Lexus about the cause?

I have seen some posts from folks who have had peeling paint problems, but they appear to be back from 2004. My 2005 ES 330 with ~73k miles is suffering from this issue. The passenger side mirror is worse, but the driver side is starting to peel. Has anyone had this problem with a newer Lexus, 2003 etc? If so what have you been able to find out from your dealer or Lexus about the cause? I mentioned it to my dealership and he blamed it on the california sunshine or use of harsh chemicals when cleaning the mirrors ...sunshine damage is that covered under the warranty? good luck and keep us posted