Voice Commands

I know that you can look at a list of recognizable voice commands by pressing on the help button on the navigation screen...but is there a written list somewhere?...I'm afraid I might take too long reviewing the list on the navigaiton screen and drain my battery :(

I know that you can look at a list of recognizable voice commands by pressing on the help button on the navigation screen...but is there a written list somewhere?...I'm afraid I might take too long reviewing the list on the navigaiton screen and drain my battery :(

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=5981

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=7332

You owe me a beer :cheers:

Good luck getting most of them to work. It's a bit like talking to an oak tree.

Tom

"Remember that the mighty Oak was was once a nut like you" :rolleyes:

I have always found voice command, entertaining!!

Tom

"Remember that the mighty Oak was was once a nut like you" :rolleyes:

I have always found voice command, entertaining!!

I agree with GRYPHON. Sometimes it easily recognizes names and other times not even close for even easy street names.

Try seeing if you can get it to recognize "Grove" st. in San Fransisco. I have no regional accent at all and this thing was so far off it was silly.

/Steve

Has the voice recognition command list changed in recent years?

I took the above posted docs (again, thanks for posting them) and found that there were entire classes of commands that would not work at all.

For example: The A/C commands would not work. There is s list of commands for turning it on/off, raising/lowering temperature or setting it to "n Degrees" that not only would not work but seem to get misinterpeted as other commands. Every time I tried to set the temperature by saying "75 Degrees" for example the NAVI wound turn on random icons (ATM, gas stations, etc...) on the map. Quite frustrating.

If I look at the screens "help" voice command list none of these are listed.

/Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Tom

That's an awful slam on oak trees :P

Maybe it's more like talking to just the stump ... after it's been well eaten by termites. The bright side is that the 2010's ability to 'understand' what you're saying is supposed to be vastly improved.