Soft Brake Pedal First Stop

foremandesa

I just bought a 2004 RX330. When I test drove the vehicle, I thought the brakes felt soft on the first stop, but then the brakes felt fine the rest of the test drive. So, then I wasn't sure about that first stop and what I felt, since I couldn't recreate it. Now that we have the vehicle, every time we turn it off and restart, the pedal nearly goes to the floor on the first stop. After that, the brakes are fine.

I've checked brake fluid and topped it off, still same problem. I'm going to take it in to have it checked, but has anyone ever experienced the same thing or have any input? I've searched and can't find a topic that matches this problem, so any help would be appreciated. I've seen some topics on a TSIB for a Brake Booster. Could this be the problem?

I've experienced symptoms like that twice in different vehicles (much older), and both times it was an indicator the master cylinder was starting to give way. It's pretty scary if this is the case, because in one of the instances (a friend's car), the problem wasn't addressed right away and the master cylinder finally gave up the ghost and then there were no brakes at all on the vehicle. Although, your vehicle is awfully new to be experiencing that kind of an issue... but the symptoms sure point to the master cylinder.

I would get that checked out ASAP! Brakes aren't something to be hesitant about when there is an issue.

I've experienced symptoms like that twice in different vehicles (much older), and both times it was an indicator the master cylinder was starting to give way. It's pretty scary if this is the case, because in one of the instances (a friend's car), the problem wasn't addressed right away and the master cylinder finally gave up the ghost and then there were no brakes at all on the vehicle. Although, your vehicle is awfully new to be experiencing that kind of an issue... but the symptoms sure point to the master cylinder.

I would get that checked out ASAP! Brakes aren't something to be hesitant about when there is an issue.

Just got the vehicle back from the shop and my brakes were just in really bad shape. Replace rotors and pads on the front and it works perfectly now.