08 Is 250 Awd Alluminum Wheels Did Not Winter Well.

My 08 IS250 AWD has just went through its 1st winter well.BUT THE WHEELS DID NOT .They are all pitted and look terrible.Has anyone else dealt with this and should this be covered by warranty?My dealer is 2 hrs away so I want to do some homework first before talking to them.I suspect that I will get the run around.

I can tell you that the chrome wheels that came with my 2000 LS400 were severely pitted after three years of year round use and they were replaced under the car's original 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. From then on, I used a set of painted aftermarket wheels with snow tires in the winter and kept the newly replaced chrome wheels for summer only use. Both the painted wheels and the replacement chrome wheels still look like new after 6 years. Painted wheels are the only type I've had much success with for winter use.

How Lexus Canada handles the situation may be different.

I can tell you that the chrome wheels that came with my 2000 LS400 were severely pitted after three years of year round use and they were replaced under the car's original 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. From then on, I used a set of painted aftermarket wheels with snow tires in the winter and kept the newly replaced chrome wheels for summer only use. Both the painted wheels and the replacement chrome wheels still look like new after 6 years. Painted wheels are the only type I've had much success with for winter use.

How Lexus Canada handles the situation may be different.

Thanks.I will give it a try and see how it goes.