Power Steering Issue

Blowtorch

My alternator went bad (for the second time) a couple of weeks ago, so I pulled it and had it rebuilt. While it was out, I noticed I had a bad power steering leak, so I ordered a rebuilt unit and replaced it (BAD JOB)

My problem is, now that I have it back together, when I crank up the car, the pump is making a whining noise. When I turn it side to side (or drive it) it gets worse. When I check the fluid (I used power steering fluid) it has air bubbles in it, like I have air in the system.

What can I do to get the air (if that's the problem) out of the system?

Thanks

My alternator went bad (for the second time) a couple of weeks ago, so I pulled it and had it rebuilt. While it was out, I noticed I had a bad power steering leak, so I ordered a rebuilt unit and replaced it (BAD JOB)

My problem is, now that I have it back together, when I crank up the car, the pump is making a whining noise. When I turn it side to side (or drive it) it gets worse. When I check the fluid (I used power steering fluid) it has air bubbles in it, like I have air in the system.

What can I do to get the air (if that's the problem) out of the system?

Thanks

Clean your power steering rack SOLENOID FILTER and flush your P/S fluid.

Do a search, there is about 8 encyclopedia's worth of information scattered around this website.

Start here, have fun...........

Rack Solenoid

No, your problem won't go away until you do this maintenance.

sticky would be nice..........Sigh........

Do a search, there is about 8 encyclopedia's worth of information scattered around this website.

sticky would be nice..........Sigh........

Ya think? Someone's asleep at the wheel! Shoulda bin dun looooooonnnnnnnnngggg time ago!

:chairshot:

I flushed the system with dextron, then removed the solenoid (it was filthy)

I don't know whether or not it will still have the leak, but it still has the whining noise, and the fluid is still foaming. Is there anything else I need ot do?

Thanks