Blue Tooth - Ipod For 05 Gx

GX470 Black

My 2005 does not have blue tooth or Ipod connection, any recommendations. don't like the FM transmitter device, too much static. Anyone has the Parrot? I could purchase a entire new audio system, but the console radio would not work as well as the controls on the steering. any recommendations, what are some of you doing to solve this problem.

Search for "Parrot", other Bluetooth kit brands, etc. and you will find threads where people installed phone kits. Blake918 recently provided informaiton about a Parrot install in his 99 LS. Installation is usually straightforward ... only connections to the car are power, ground and audio system mute.

Many people use interfaces from VAIS for adding aux-in to later Lexus audio systems ... search and you will find.

Lexus models for Hawaii may have audio/nav system differences from those for the mainland ... you're in another world.

Search for "Parrot", other Bluetooth kit brands, etc. and you will find threads where people installed phone kits. Blake918 recently provided informaiton about a Parrot install in his 99 LS. Installation is usually straightforward ... only connections to the car are power, ground and audio system mute.

Many people use interfaces from VAIS for adding aux-in to later Lexus audio systems ... search and you will find.

Lexus models for Hawaii may have audio/nav system differences from those for the mainland ... you're in another world.

thanks for the response. want to look at the VAIS, but I can't find anyone to install and I don't think I want to mess with the dash and taking it apart. You are right Hawaii's Lexus's for some reason, did not get navigation until 2006, blue tooth until 2007. I know mainland people had navigation early on. Going to just use blue tooth's that clip onto the visor and cassette tape hook up for my Ipod. I also went to some car stereo installers and wanted to buy a name brand touch screen, but they said the controls on the steering would not work, i would have to buy Lexus wire kits, and they really did not want to install it in my Lexus. So i think I am going to give up on this idea.

• 1 month later...

I just got the Sony CPA-9C Cassette adaptor for my iTouch. It was rated high for this kind of adaptation.

I hooked it up yesterday on my ML system in the cassette slot.

Much distortion, not happy with it...... until, yes until I made sure the volume of the iTouch was halfway, AND the Dolby on the Screen of the GX was turned off.

Now it sounds not just good, but great. The only problem is that when you turn the volume knob real loud, you hear a slight hissing sound. When you activate the Dolby button, the hiss is muted, but the sound is muffled.

On normal, and yeah, kinda loud without the Dolby, it's quite enjoyable and a great price. I found the Sony CPA-9C for about $9 online.

I would give it a try.

MSAGRO