More Sound

lasik124

i was thinkin about gettin my exhaust redone one last time but if i removed both the mufflers there would really be any thing to muffle the sound, but i remember what my car sounded like with str8 pipes and it was pretty damn loud sounded like a nascar.

If you want it to be louder, just increase the pipe diameter.

The biggest you should go with the 1UZFE is 2.5"

So 2.5" straight back to mufflers should be perfect ;) and LOUD B) lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flowmasters and also other high flow/high performance mufflers have surpassed the cherrybomb age, the concept behing the cherrybomb has been intergrated in the new designs of performance mufflers, eliminating the need for cherrybombs altogether! ;)

Flowmasters are generally keyed for American. Greddy or a brand like that would be best to go with for a car like this.

..Good point...i forget sometimes i am in a import, cause i use to never hear import and V8 in the same sentence... :rolleyes:

Flowmasters are what i have on my 'stang. they have a good throaty tone. i havent heard what Greddy's sound like yet.

Surprisingly deep!

2 different videos. (sound quality isn't great)

First is my Lexus -my stock Lexus mufflers

Second is me and my buddies Lexus -all the stock exhaust running it straight off the headers.

both the videos were taking with bad quality video. as far as the headers it sounded much better in person. and we put the exhaust backo but you had to remove the exhaust to take out the tranny. if you look into the related videos there are much better sound clips

the muffler delete does sound pretty mean and racey, but the straight out the heads would never be legal, and im sure most of the sound bandwith couldnt be recorded, making it sound absolutely horrible!! :(

Straight from the headers isn't street legal at all. ;) And yeah it would sound VERY loud and "NASCAR", but you would also lose a ridiculous amount of power.

...no sir.

You do not need to remove the cats. The brand new OEM cat is well over $1g so I think it's properly designed ;)

Plus the cats are right after the exhaust manifolds.

Just go out to your car, and take them off... It only takes like 10min.

it's only a 3 step process.

1. Grow a pair (might be hard)

2. Get under the rear of your Lexus and locate them nuts.

3. Use some elbow grease and get them suckers off along with the rubber 'donut' holding them on.

Easier than playing with some pie ;)

it's only a 3 step process.

1. Grow a pair (might be hard)

2. Get under the rear of your Lexus and locate them nuts.

3. Use some elbow grease and get them suckers off along with the rubber 'donut' holding them on.

Easier than playing with some pie ;)

lol dude chill i would worry bout your exhaust.

ya i took it off already didn't know if it was like the expiditions where i needed a jack because it was bent weirdly around the wheel.

it sounds really really deep without the muffler on... highflow muffler soon mayb?

lol dude chill i would worry bout your exhaust.

ya i took it off already didn't know if it was like the expiditions where i needed a jack because it was bent weirdly around the wheel.

it sounds really really deep without the muffler on... highflow muffler soon mayb?

Maybe if you'd update us and let us know you did the muffler delete we would still be trying to encourage you.

Why would you worry about his exhaust?? :huh:

If you're going to spend money getting high flow custom mufflers put on... why don't you get a few more feet of piping for the rest of your system?? (I strangely remember your budget for exhaust being $0. That's why we're doing the muffler delete right?)