Towing Eye Bolt

Although there are two places on the front of the RX400h to screw in the towing eye bolt, only one bolt is supplied in the tool kit. Does anyone know where a second bolt can be purchased for less than dealer list price? I have checked online merchants and local salvage yards without success.

The Lexus part number is 5196148202. I need two bolts to tie down my kayak on the roof. Thanks.

May 2009 Update: After much searching without success, I decided to find the best price on the bolt (different part number) from a Lexus dealer. I called three and got three different prices: $22, $32 and $42 plus shipping. I ordered the bolt from my local Toyota dealer for $26 and avoided the shipping charge.

You would have to know the size and the grade of bolt i order to find a duplicate. The size is easy to acertain, but the grade may be a bit more difficult. One could calculate the required tensile strength if the load were known. Knowing the required strength (with safety factor) would be a way to determine the grade.

I would suggest measuring the eyebolt diameter and thread and shopping online for metric eyebolts. I don't think strength is a big issue if you are only tying down a kayak.

Tom