Take Out Fog Lamp Lens

ravig292

I think the foglight lens is glued to the foglight housing similar to the way the headlight lens is glued to the headlight housing. I don't know if it is possible to separate the foglight lens from its housing by heating it in a warm oven like can be done with the headlights.

If you have the foglight unit it off your car, you could trying blasting the inside clean with a blast of water ... maybe at a car wash. That is how I cleaned out a headlight unit on a 90 LS after a bulb exploded and scummed up the reflector and lens.

And maybe filling the foglight housing with water will show you where water is leaking in. If you can find a crack, you might be able to seal it with clear epoxy. Also, check that the drain tube in the foglight unit is not blocked.

If you do blast the foglight unit out with water, it will likely dry out in a day or too. I used a hair dryer to speed the drying of the inside of the headlight unit I cleaned out with water.

If you need to replace the foglight, the least expensive new one I've seen is on Parts.com. There are sometimes used ones on eBay.