What To Do First?

Jace LaValle

What do you guys suggest I should upgrade first, and with what?

I will be picking up my SC430 any day now, but want to plan what I should upgrade.

I am thinking abouT:

Lowering it (tein coils?)

Intake (Injen short ram?)

Exhaust( No ideas)

LuxLink

Not in any specific order.. What is everyones suggestion.post-91611-1238987475_thumb.jpg

not sure if I am going to do them all, possibly eventually but not all at first. I really want the LuxLink, just having some trouble finding a place to install it, as for the intake/ exhaust etc. what ever will get me the best performance upgrade for the cost. I really like the look of the car when it is lowered, what is the best way to go about lowering it?

• 1 month later...

As far as the intake/exhaust mods you are looking at, it amounts to money spent for nothing but a really nice sound. As I've posted before, I did dyno tests on my '02 with the Injen and with freed up exhaust.....showed 2 hp gain over stock. There are lots of Bull*BLEEP* claims made by some folks, who don't know their azz from their elbow, about ridiculous power gains........all fantasy! The machine don't lie. There is also another popular fantasy floating about that the ECU must be reprogramed after these modifications....more baloney. There are two types of programs controled by the ECU; open programs and closed programs. These mods are controled by the open program which adjust itself to any change in air/fuel mixture changes. These guys don't like to hear this stuff and the real pfoney-baloneies will let out a howl. Thes types of BSers have always been around hot rodding.....for as long as I can remember. Good luck and I hope this helps.

I will be picking up my SC430 any day now, but want to plan what I should upgrade.

I am thinking abouT:

Exhaust( No ideas)

LuxLink

Not in any specific order.. What is everyones suggestion.post-91611-1238987475_thumb.jpg

PS....The first thing most folks do is REPLACE THE DOG UGLY WHEELS! Tire Rack is an excellent place to check wheels and replacing the Run Flat Tires. These things seem to be a real sore spot and drive folks nuts....loud and rough riding.

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking abouT:

Exhaust( No ideas)

LuxLink

PS....The first thing most folks do is REPLACE THE DOG UGLY WHEELS! Tire Rack is an excellent place to check wheels and replacing the Run Flat Tires. These things seem to be a real sore spot and drive folks nuts....loud and rough riding.

Add a built in radar detector. Will pay for itself quickly.