2007 GS350 AWD

I just blew out the side wall on one of my original Dunlop run flats in a pot hole. I am looking to replace all four tires and I am looking for advise.

I live in Boston so I am looking for all season tires, as the Dunlop's were adequate in the snow. I am thinking of replacing the set with Nokian WR G2 run flats. Has anyone had experience with these tires? I want good sport performance to enjoy the car, along with winter driving capability. I understand they will not give me dedicated snow tire traction. I am also looking to avoid feeling every pebble I drive over, which the Dunlop's so skillfully provide. Is the only alternative to give up the runs flats and go with an all season performance tire. I have the spare tire.

Any information on the Nokian's or other options is greatly appreciated.

2007 GS350 AWD

I just blew out the side wall on one of my original Dunlop run flats in a pot hole. I am looking to replace all four tires and I am looking for advise.

I live in Boston so I am looking for all season tires, as the Dunlop's were adequate in the snow. I am thinking of replacing the set with Nokian WR G2 run flats. Has anyone had experience with these tires? I want good sport performance to enjoy the car, along with winter driving capability. I understand they will not give me dedicated snow tire traction. I am also looking to avoid feeling every pebble I drive over, which the Dunlop's so skillfully provide. Is the only alternative to give up the runs flats and go with an all season performance tire. I have the spare tire.

Any information on the Nokian's or other options is greatly appreciated.

I've had great luck with a set Bridgestone Serenity tires on my GS 300 RWD. They're comfortable, very quiet, and excellent in performance. I stopped trying to get through winter with "all weather" tires, though, and use a set of Dunlop Graspics for the winter months.

Everybody I know who has run flats poor mouths them for a hard ride and low endurance.

Stan

I live just south of Boston and use two sets of tires. I dumped the runfarts for the exact reasons you describe, plus one other. They are so damn expensive to replace individually, let alone a set. I have a set of 18" rims that are shod with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S; an all season tire that by my choice will not be used for winter weather. I have read from other people that they are decent in snow coupled with the AWD. I have a set of dedicated performance winter tires for the snowy months.

The Pilot Sport A/S is a great tire on dry pavement and in even the most torrential of rains. It is a very quiet tire and I have no complaints as of yet. I cannot, however, speak to its capabilities in snow, sorry.

log onto www.tirerack.com and use their decision tree to find a suitable tire for your needs, then check out local dealers and see if they can come close to Tireracks price. I have all my tire services done at Sullivan Tire in Norwell, they do a really good job. Although they couldn't match the tirerack price per tire, they were to work with associated service prices to bring the entire package price close to the total tirerack price.

steviej

The Pilot Sport A/S is a great tire on dry pavement and in even the most torrential of rains. It is a very quiet tire and I have no complaints as of yet. I cannot, however, speak to its capabilities in snow, sorry.

I can provide some positive feedback on the Pilot Sport A/S tires in snow. I replaced my Dunlop runflats last fall with the Pilots and had no problems with traction this winter in Minnesota. Even in what appeared would be aweful driving conditions, the AWD along with my new tires provided me ample traction to get up and go.

I can also concur with steviej about the performance of the tire in rain and dry pavement conditions.

Two thumbs up from me on the Pilot Sport A/S.

--Duckman