Mystery Noise Coming From 2007 Rx350

I heard a noise coming from our garage and found it to be coming from my wife's 2007 RX350. It sounded like it was coming from underneath near the back of the Lexus. It had been sitting for a few hours since she came home. It sounds like a electric motor running and it continued to run at least 3 minutes while I was out in the garage trying to figure out what it was. Any ideas what this could be? We did have a dead battery issue several months ago and Lexus just told us that they thought a door may have been left a jar. Maybe this had something to do with it.

It is the fuel pump. Nothing to worry about.

Just wondering why the fuel pump is running hours after the vehicle has been shut off?

It is a pump but it's actually evacuating any gas vapors in the tank as I recall. It's covered in the hybrid manual, I expect it's also in the regular manual. The hybrid also has a few other similar sounds right after you turn it off.

Just wondering why the fuel pump is running hours after the vehicle has been shut off?

It is a pump but it's actually evacuating any gas vapors in the tank as I recall. It's covered in the hybrid manual, I expect it's also in the regular manual. The hybrid also has a few other similar sounds right after you turn it off.

Yes: I read something similar in the RX350 Manual. Don't quite recall the precise info., but it mentioned that - some hours later - a 'noise' could be heard... At the time, I thought that was weird.

Thanks for the information, you've been very helpful.