Error Message On Dashboard Display

Hi Guys,

I have owned a Lexus SC 400 for the last 4 years. Never had a problem. Recently I am getting an error message ( In Japanese ) on the display, which when cross checked with the little card in my car says it a problem with the "Brake System". I got it checked with the mechanic and he checked it in the SC 400 Manual, it came as Code 53, which meant that the Cap of the container of the brake fluid was malfunctioning. we replaced the cap but the problem error message is still there. The car works fine, brakes fine. The error message does not come up straight away, usually after 5-10 minutes of driving. After the engines warms up and I restart it then takes even longer to come up ..lets say after half an hour...

Not sure whats happening.... Anyone having a similar problem....Please advise any solution, the biggest problem is that , when the error message is on the screen I cant see the Time & Temperature display and it keeps blinking. very annoying.

Let me know if you can help.

Sahil

Well, if it is code for brake fluid reservour, then

1st- add some brake flued

2nd - if it doesnt help, then try to play with wires that are connected to brake fluid level sensor. Try to disconnect it or short circuit them. And see if warning dissappears.

If it doesn't help, then it's probably not the code for brake fluid reservour cap.

Search this forum for list of error codes. I saw them here.