04 Es330 Headlight Assembly

Not to sure about this, maybe an OBVIOUS question I dunno.

Can I purchase the headlight assembly, and put my old bulbs in ? or does the headlights, and bulbs always come together ?

Otherwise anyone have suggestions for headlights with moisture in them ?? I was thinking about just buying the headlight assembly, but not sure

They don't come with bulbs, the bulbs are attached to the wiring harness and will plug into the new assembly.

Have you priced the assembly? Its almost $400 wholesale...

TroyLexus,

Over the years I've had one car (can't even recall which make or year) that developed moisture in one headlight. I removed the entire assembly from the car and used my wife's hair drier to blow warm air into the bulb socket openings. I recall that it took quite a while to evaporate all of the water out. I verified that the assembly was crack free and that water wasn't getting into any openings. (I may have even silicone sealed one seam in the rear I think.) Regardless, I let the unit cool down before reinstalling it in the car. I don't believe that the problem reoccurred. Good Luck!

TroyLexus,

Over the years I've had one car (can't even recall which make or year) that developed moisture in one headlight. I removed the entire assembly from the car and used my wife's hair drier to blow warm air into the bulb socket openings. I recall that it took quite a while to evaporate all of the water out. I verified that the assembly was crack free and that water wasn't getting into any openings. (I may have even silicone sealed one seam in the rear I think.) Regardless, I let the unit cool down before reinstalling it in the car. I don't believe that the problem reoccurred. Good Luck!

I'll try that, and post the results for anyone interested.,

Are you sure it is moisture, not plastic "fogging"? My headlights seemed to have moisture issues but I polished the lenses with a Plast-x kit and got 90% of the original clarity back. Unless you're sure it's moisture its better than ripping anything apart.

the vxc, you polished the outside ?what did you use ? how did you use it ?