Oil Pan Leak

ezerx330

Hello all, I'm new to the board. I have an 05 rx330. When I changed the oil the oil plug has hard to get out. My guess is it was over torqued. Now it leaking.I know the bolt is a m12, does anyone know the thread count. I want to try running a tap in the hole before I remove the pan. Also if I have to remove the pan, do these have the same seal problems as the earlier rigs? AQ0y4

Wasnt aware of any seal problems, mine has 161k miles and is tight (RX300)

I thought I read somewhere that the iol pan gasket didn't seal very well. Most people were having to use some type of rtv with the pan gasket to get it to seal. Right now i have a small leak from the plug, I didn't want to have it leak from the pan gasket as well.

Did you use a new gasket/washer on the plug?

Yes I did. I notice the problem when I went to remove the plug. Someone drinking gorilla milk over torqued the bolt. I picked up a new plug also. It was wishful thinking that the threads on the bolt would be softer than the threads in the pan. While we are at it does anyone know the torque spec. for this M12 bolt? Is there a online resource for torque specs for this vehicle? Thanks in advance!

E