Windshield Extended Warranties

Getting ready to take delivery of a 2010 RX. They are trying to sell me an extended windshield warranty

For 545 5 years. I think the car insurance covers the windshield but they say they wont replace it with a

correct model. Has anyone had any experiences with this

Not sure who your insurance company is...but I believe it's the law that ANY insurance company must pay for replacement parts that meet or exceed the manufacturer's recommendations. So I would NOT pay extra for a "windshield warranty"...NOR would I pay for paint/interior/rust protection - ALL that stuff is nothing more than a RIPOFF!!!

Not sure who your insurance company is...but I believe it's the law that ANY insurance company must pay for replacement parts that meet or exceed the manufacturer's recommendations. So I would NOT pay extra for a "windshield warranty"...NOR would I pay for paint/interior/rust protection - ALL that stuff is nothing more than a RIPOFF!!!

And don't bother with an extended warranty on anything! Power train, electronics, whatever. This is a Toyota / Lexus, not a Dodge or Suzuki. It's been covered in other threads here, but the only time I needed to use an extended warranty on a vehicle other than one from the Detroit Three, the retail cost of the repair was way less than what I wasted on the extended warranty. (That car is still trouble free after 115K miles and we'll keep it to at least 150K before passing it on to one of our children.)

Yes, no additional "protection packages". Don't forget, the F & I office is where they make their real profit, not from the salesman. They get you when you're adrenalin rush from negotiating the best deal is fading - you're highly vulnerable in the F & I office.

Yeah Not going to add any of there extras. They already have some stuffing so to say in the price. Since a 2010 not showing actual stickers. So when go online and add the

features. They are showing a higher MSRP per paper. Typical car deal. They are going to get you one way or another.