Wheel Locks

md567

I just bought my Lexus RX 330 and the dealer can't find the wheel lock key,what are my options to get the one that fits the lock??? thanks!!!!!

There should be be a 'lock ID card' (from the wheel lock key co. - in my case it is McGard - 3875 California Rd. Orchard Park - NY 14127-4198) Their tel. # is 1-800-444 5847 or 1-716-662 8980. One is supposed to return a registration form to them, so that in the event of the loss of the wheel lock key, they can identify you and send you a new key. This registration form contains numbers that identify the lock combination I assume most if not all the Lexus wheel locks will be sourced from them. Maybe you can give them a call and see what they say? If the issue is the need to change a wheel (undo the lug nuts) now, an earlier post somewhere on the site suggests forcing the wheel lock with a no. ?? socket that you hammer into the lock nut, and wrench it open (.. search it). Obviously, this destroys the lock nut.

I just bought my Lexus RX 330 and the dealer can't find the wheel lock key,what are my options to get the one that fits the lock??? thanks!!!!!

I know this sounds like a stupid question but you did check on the lug wrench (at least I believe that where it's stored) didn't you?

I know this sounds like a stupid question but you did check on the lug wrench (at least I believe that where it's stored) didn't you?

yeah I did,but unfortunately it's not there,thanks anyway!!!

There should be be a 'lock ID card' (from the wheel lock key co. - in my case it is McGard - 3875 California Rd. Orchard Park - NY 14127-4198) Their tel. # is 1-800-444 5847 or 1-716-662 8980. One is supposed to return a registration form to them, so that in the event of the loss of the wheel lock key, they can identify you and send you a new key. This registration form contains numbers that identify the lock combination I assume most if not all the Lexus wheel locks will be sourced from them. Maybe you can give them a call and see what they say? If the issue is the need to change a wheel (undo the lug nuts) now, an earlier post somewhere on the site suggests forcing the wheel lock with a no. ?? socket that you hammer into the lock nut, and wrench it open (.. search it). Obviously, this destroys the lock nut.

Thank for the reply,I will call them thanks very much!!!!

Or just go to Toyota and buy 4 non-lock lug nuts and have a tire shop remove the locks and throw them away. This will save you future problems with locks. Nobody steals stock RX wheels/tires anymore. There are a lot of easier more profitable items these days. Unless you really live in the wrong neighborhood, then nothing is safe.

If you can get the car to a dealer they have most of the wheel locks there. I had mine taken off at the local Toyota dealer when they didn't know where mine was kept. I saw there case of lock keys and one guy was trying them till he found one that fit. I showed them where mine is kept. It is in the tool pouch.

Jeff