Rx 300 Ac / Heater Blower Fan Issue

tjmc11

Recently, I have notcied that the blower fan in my vehicle will intermitantly time in and out on occasion. Sometimes when I start up the ride, the fan motor will not come on for about 1 - 5 minutes. Once on, I have no issues with fan speed variation or power from the blower. My question is who has had this issue, or do you think it is the fan going out or a relay / switch going out? I am sort of leaning towards the blower going out because when relays / switches go bad they usually do not work intermitantly.

could be a blendor motor issue. the fan in my Rx300 would continuously make a noise as if it was trying to turn on. the dealership spent 4 hours trying to figure it out, and of course, charged me for it.

Recently, I have notcied that the blower fan in my vehicle will intermitantly time in and out on occasion. Sometimes when I start up the ride, the fan motor will not come on for about 1 - 5 minutes. Once on, I have no issues with fan speed variation or power from the blower. My question is who has had this issue, or do you think it is the fan going out or a relay / switch going out? I am sort of leaning towards the blower going out because when relays / switches go bad they usually do not work intermitantly.

I don't know if the RX300 has this kind of sensor.... but on some cars (MB), the blower fan does not come on until the motor is warm enough to heat the car in winter..... (to avoid blowing freezing air into the vehicle)

Sounds like it's set on "auto" and working as designed.

Gentlemen, If it was working properly I would not have posted. The fan will cut out from time to time. I can manually put the fan on full blast manual mode with no air blowing. Then it will suddenly turn on randomly when or if it cuts out. I am using the A/C not the heater which I am aware that it will take time to blow. The issue is that the fan is not blowing whether on auto or manual mode from time to time and then will suddenly "choose" to come on....

• 1 year later...

Gentlemen, If it was working properly I would not have posted. The fan will cut out from time to time. I can manually put the fan on full blast manual mode with no air blowing. Then it will suddenly turn on randomly when or if it cuts out. I am using the A/C not the heater which I am aware that it will take time to blow. The issue is that the fan is not blowing whether on auto or manual mode from time to time and then will suddenly "choose" to come on....

I have the same problem. I checked the fuses pulling them all and putting them back in and it worked again. next day stopped blowing again. AC works fine just the blower does not blow. what fuse controls blower? is there a relay? I have a feeling this is a simple problem the dealer will charge me a boat load to fix.

• 1 year later...