Ucf20 I Bump Club!

amcdonal86

Bump  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the bump?

• I have the bump!
    • Not yet!

It has come to my attention through reading various threads that for UCF20 I LS400s there is a slight distortion of the dashboard that occurs just above the passenger's front airbag cover.

So how many of you are card carrying members? I sure am!

post-85367-1235794499_thumb.jpg

I have noticed that as well on those cars.... they are still not as bad as some late 1990s / early 2000s GM cars I have seen. My mom has a 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva and they (the 1997-98 Achievas and Buick Skylarks) do the same thing around the airbag on the left side. I have a friend with a 2005 Monte Carlo and last year the top of the dash board had to be replaced because of warping! :huh:

I have noticed that some gen 1 LS400s tend to warp up right above the center dash vents, and sometimes above the glove comparment door. Being a garaged car, the sun has not taken that toll on mine.... yet. <_<

I have seen some bad ones though... mostly from here in the south where the suns damaging rays are normally stronger. I have seen some gen 1 LS400s with the warp so bad that it looks like a tee-pee and a hole so big that you could stick a soda bottle in there.

I have noticed that as well on those cars.... they are still not as bad as some late 1990s / early 2000s GM cars I have seen. My mom has a 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva and they (the 1997-98 Achievas and Buick Skylarks) do the same thing around the airbag on the left side. I have a friend with a 2005 Monte Carlo and last year the top of the dash board had to be replaced because of warping! :huh:

I have noticed that some gen 1 LS400s tend to warp up right above the center dash vents, and sometimes above the glove comparment door. Being a garaged car, the sun has not taken that toll on mine.... yet. <_<

I have seen some bad ones though... mostly from here in the south where the suns damaging rays are normally stronger. I have seen some gen 1 LS400s with the warp so bad that it looks like a tee-pee and a hole so big that you could stick a soda bottle in there.

Hahaha, I've never seen a hole in that area quite that big. That's pretty shocking! I wonder if it affects the function of the airbag at all.

Originally when I saw my brother's car like that, I was sure that the car had previously been in a wreck.