Nitto Invo On 2007 Is250 - 25k Mile Update

Rafiki

So the Nitto Invo tires on my 2007 IS250 just rolled over 25K miles and I thought I would give an update on my experiences to date:

Background: My IS250 has the Staggered Fitment OEM 18" wheels. I purchased my set of Nitto Invo tires in October of 2007. They replaced the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE050. I purchased these tires due to their non-directional tread design which allows rotation side to side. The OEM Bridgestones became very noisy after 10K miles and I had Lexus replace the front set due to a loud "Waa-Waa-Waa" sound that developed in them (Lexus paid for the new front set and a front end alignment). After another 10K miles this second set developed the same "Waa-Waa-Waa" sound. So I was looking for a tire that was quiet, could be rotated side to side, had good handling and wet traction.

25K Mile Update: I now have 25K miles on my Nitto Invo tires. They were extremely quiet when new and are still very quiet after 25K miles. I rotate them every 5K miles with the Oil Change. My driving style is average - not too agressive, mostly on winding rural highways. I would rate their Handling as good on both Dry and Wet roads. Approximatly 40% of the original Tread Depth is remaining, so I estimate a 45K mile tread life. The main reason for choosing these tire was a Quiet Tread that would stay quiet, and the Nitto Invos have definetly done this. For my basic driving style they handle very predictably, solid and sure in corners.

Bottom Line: Very quiet, good handling. When these wear out I will be buying another set.

B)

• 7 months later...

Update on: Nitto Invo tires on my 2007 IS250.

Just rolled over 35K miles on these tires and I am still very pleased with their performance. The front & rear tires are still very quiet (which was my main criteria for purchasing these tires).

I estimate that the front tires have about 10 - 15K miles left on them until the tread is level with the Wear Indicators. The rear tires show a bit more wear. I estimate only 10K mikes left on them until the tread is level with the Wear Indicators.

Handling is still good, yet as I originally indicated, I am a basic driver with nothing too aggressive.

Bottom Line: Tires still quiet, good handling. When these wear out I will be buying another set.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

41K Mile Update on: Nitto Invo tires on my 2007 IS250.

My right rear tire picked up a small finish nail very close to the sidewall. :( (Bummer)

It created a slow leak, and since it was almost on the sidewall, patching from the inside would be in a high flex area, so the patch would not last that long. The rear tires had approximatly 41,000 miles on them and the tread wear indicator was pretty close to even with the remaining tread. So it was time to get a new set of rear tires.

The new set of Nitto Invo tires for the rear set me back a total of $365 ($163 per tire + $9 M/B per tire + 6% Tax).

My front tires are still looking good, with sufficient tread remaining. I estimate approximatly 10K miles remaining.

I obviously like these tires, as I replaced the rears with a new set of Nitto Invo (255/40ZR18). They are very quiet, good handling and have good tread life for high performance tires. When the front tires wear out, I will also replace them with a new set of Nitto Invos.

:)

• 9 months later...

UPDATE: Nitto Invo tires on my 2007 IS250

My Nitto Invo front tires now have ~52,000 miles on them, and the tread is looking like they will go another 5K miles. Wear indicators are 0.098 inches below tread on center grooves, yet the outside edges have somewhat less tread depth.

They are still fairly quite and handle well. I do not push the handling when in wet weather, yet they seem very stable. In dry weather they are are good as ever.

Time to start saving for a new set of Nitto Invo tires for the front of my Lexus IS250.

:cheers:

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I purchased a new pair of front Nitto Invo tires back in December 2010. I like that these tires can be rotated (side to side) to keep them running quiet. They are a good handling tire for my basic driving style, and I feel confident in their abilities if I need to push them hard. For the cost and performance, I think they are a decent value. I just wish they were manufactured in the U.S.A. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Yes, I purchased a new pair of front Nitto Invo tires back in December 2010. I like that these tires can be rotated (side to side) to keep them running quiet. They are a good handling tire for my basic driving style, and I feel confident in their abilities if I need to push them hard. For the cost and performance, I think they are a decent value. I just wish they were manufactured in the U.S.A. :cheers:

Again, thanks for the thorough long-term tire test/report, good info.

btw - Regarding side to side rotation, any thoughts on that practice?

• 1 month later...

btw - Regarding side to side rotation, any thoughts on that practice?

I feel the Side-to-Side rotation is a "must do" with the staggered fitment wheels. Otherwise the tire would have no rotation, and given the fairly agressive Front End toe-in specs on the IS250, the wear would quickly result in increased road noise. This was my original issue having the loud "Waa-Waa-Waa" tire noise after 10K miles. With the Side-to-Side rotation every 5K miles, this issue is eliminated!

This is why it is important to choose a non-directional tire, so they can be rotated Side-to-Side. B)