Brake Light On In Cluster

TexasLexus94

I always change the pads and rotors front and back on my '94 LS that has 119,000 miles. The other day, that round "O" with pads indicator came up in the cluster. Went away, now on full time. I removed the "low pads" contacts at the front rotors years ago-actually I broke them removing the original rotors. The rebuilt brakes have less than 5,000 miles on them, maybe less. And they work smooth as silk. The brake fluid is full. So the question is: What is the light trying to tell me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I always change the pads and rotors front and back on my '94 LS that has 119,000 miles. The other day, that round "O" with pads indicator came up in the cluster. Went away, now on full time. I removed the "low pads" contacts at the front rotors years ago-actually I broke them removing the original rotors. The rebuilt brakes have less than 5,000 miles on them, maybe less. And they work smooth as silk. The brake fluid is full. So the question is: What is the light trying to tell me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Essentially there are 2 wires in the sensor. When the brakes are worn the sensor rubs on the rotor, breaking the connection between the wires.

BUT IT COULD JUST BREAK AND TURN THE LIGHT ON.

To bypass the sensor, thus disabling the warning light, simply expose the wire (most people cut off the top of the sensor and strip the plastic housing off the wire) and connect the wires, closing the circuit.

The light will go off.

WORKED ON MY 94.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks in advance for your help. I WOULD RE CHECK THE CONNECTION AGAIN MAYBE SOMETHING CAME LOOSE.