Lexus #1

scottmcc

I never trust Consumer Reports, but I do believe that Lexus is the most dependable car out there.

Why would you never trust Consumer Reports?

I buy almost everything based on CR's ratings and have always been satisfied with the products they have recommended.

I've found that most people who go around bashing Consumer Reports don't really know anything about how they work and where all of their data comes from. After learning more about them, it is clear to most people that Consumer Reports is one of the few places to get truly accurate information about how well a product performs initially and ages compared to its competition.

I never trust Consumer Reports, but I do believe that Lexus is the most dependable car out there.

Why would you never trust Consumer Reports?

I buy almost everything based on CR's ratings and have always been satisfied with the products they have recommended.

I've found that most people who go around bashing Consumer Reports don't really know anything about how they work and where all of their data comes from. After learning more about them, it is clear to most people that Consumer Reports is one of the few places to get truly accurate information about how well a product performs initially and ages compared to its competition.

I admit that I have no idea how they process their data, but their website gives very little information about it.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/aboutus...w-we-survey.htm

A big gripe I have is the way they seem to rate sports cars. Granted, the Miata is usually on top (I just came from owning one--it was the most fun car I've ever driven), they seem to place too much weight on practicality and dumb things like ride quality and fuel economy instead of what's more important in a sports car--performance and handling!

Consumer Reports is a great place to start researching a new or used car, but it is definitely not the end all be all.