Ls 400 Vibrating At 80 Mph

drewbryant1

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=54323

There is the thread. I was actually trying to fix a creaking noise I heard when I drove over large dips in the road, but through the process, I replaced the strut rods/bushings. It immediately cured a vibration problem that I had at highway speeds that was not cured by an alignment or a wheel balance.

I hope that helps.

How many miles are on the car?

Athough much less likely, are you confident of your wheel balance? Typically you see the problem come up at 62, 72, 82, etc.,

but once in a while, a weight comes off, and the problem seems to be worse at one particular speed. It would be cheaper

to check this first, but as I said, it's much less likely IMHO than a problem with the struts or geometry.

Just covering all the bases. ;)

How many miles are on the car?

Athough much less likely, are you confident of your wheel balance? Typically you see the problem come up at 62, 72, 82, etc.,

but once in a while, a weight comes off, and the problem seems to be worse at one particular speed. It would be cheaper

to check this first, but as I said, it's much less likely IMHO than a problem with the struts or geometry.

Just covering all the bases. ;)

Absolutely. Although it's likely that his strut rod bushings are bad, it would be silly not to balance the wheels first.