Driver Side Rear View Mirror

Hello

I have an 08RX350. The passenger side rear view mirror auto tilts all the way down when the vehicle is put in Reverse, but the Driver side mirror tilts only 1cm or so. I think the Driver side mirror used to tilt more when I purchased the vehicle but I am not sure.

Can anyone confirm whether the driver side mirror is supposed to tilt only 1 cm or should it tilt down more like the passenger side mirror.

Thanks a lot,

Raj

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I prefer them not to tilt at all, so I set them the way I like them one time, and leave the toggle switch in the neutral position. This way they don't move when the car is put in reverse.

Same here on 07 RX350. I was able to get it to work again by - with the car in reverse, move the mirror all the way down then up to where I wanted it for reverse. It would then work for a few days but stopped again and only moved about a half inch.

Took it to dealer who will be replacing the mirror.

Hello

I have an 08RX350. The passenger side rear view mirror auto tilts all the way down when the vehicle is put in Reverse, but the Driver side mirror tilts only 1cm or so. I think the Driver side mirror used to tilt more when I purchased the vehicle but I am not sure.

Can anyone confirm whether the driver side mirror is supposed to tilt only 1 cm or should it tilt down more like the passenger side mirror.

Thanks a lot,

Raj

I have experienced this also. I noticed a few months ago that someone had moved the mirror assembly while the car was parked. The glass itself was quite out of place. I moved the glass back to position manually, and it made a ratchety sort of noise. I suspect something inside has gone awry. It may be that we fuss more with the driver side mirror. It's possible that the passenger side mirror could also have this problem. One of the down sides of this vehicle is that it is very difficult to watch behind you when backing up at night. The back window is very highly tinted. The tilting mirrors help only a little bit. It would be nice to have brighter back up lights.

One of the down sides of this vehicle is that it is very difficult to watch behind you when backing up at night. The back window is very highly tinted. The tilting mirrors help only a little bit. It would be nice to have brighter back up lights.

My backup camera helps a lot with this....day and night..

• 13 years later...