Sc400

LexSC400328

ok i know your thinking what in the world am i talking about....but here it is.

my sc400 is addicted to Techron Fuel Injection cleaner...heres the details

my car will run beautiful and healthy and normal when a good bottle of techron fuel cleaner is mixed with a full tank...shortly after the tank runs out and the new gas gets in from a fill up, IF IF DONT buy another bottle of fuel cleaner, the engine misfires and stutters and acts crazy like it always used to...so i know it must be a problem with the fuel injectors since they tick loudly anddd if i buy a bottle of techron fuel cleaner, the problem goes away as soon as you drive for about 2 minutes with it in the engine...so this leads me to believe my SC is addicted to the drug techron and has withdrawals when it doesnt have techron in over a week or so....someone help haha

You likely have a contaminated filter/pump and might be using bad gas. If you're not sure of the fuel quality from the gas station you use, switch. There are a number of brands like Chevron that have Techron added to their fuel. Here's more info:

http://www.chevron.ca/retail/gasoline/gasolines.asp

Could also be the Idle Air Control Valve needs cleaning...located front top of engine. If that is dirty and not moving freely inside then your Lexus will not run well. This is usually the problem and not the MAF that causes the surging and erratic idle. Hope this helps.