Installing Avic-f900bt

Hi,

I have an '05 GS300 and I was thinking about installing the in-dash navig Pioneer AVIC-F900BT but I am not sure how it will look. I have already researched the navig itself and everything is a good. My interior is tan, would it look weird if I install it. Does anyone have a pic of theirs (if installed). I just want to see how it looks.

Please help with this simple request~~ :D

OK, I don't have the same head unit you're looking at; I have the Pioneer AVIC-D3 in my '03 GS300. I've included two photos. I'm very particular and while the kit does not blend perfectly with the existing panel material, it is much better than what the bright flash on my camera makes it look like. You can tell that the kit material surrounding the head unit is different in color and texture than the original, which surrounds the climate control readout. The shop who installed it said that a perfect match simply isn't made and that they could actually take it into their body shop and match both paint and texture but I wasn't willing to put in the extra money because under normal conditions, it just isn't that noticeable. Ask to see the kit before they install it and you'll see what I mean. Then you decide.

Good luck,

Matty

post-41613-1235178127_thumb.jpgpost-41613-1235178001_thumb.jpg

OK, I don't have the same head unit you're looking at; I have the Pioneer AVIC-D3 in my '03 GS300. I've included two photos. I'm very particular and while the kit does not blend perfectly with the existing panel material, it is much better than what the bright flash on my camera makes it look like. You can tell that the kit material surrounding the head unit is different in color and texture than the original, which surrounds the climate control readout. The shop who installed it said that a perfect match simply isn't made and that they could actually take it into their body shop and match both paint and texture but I wasn't willing to put in the extra money because under normal conditions, it just isn't that noticeable. Ask to see the kit before they install it and you'll see what I mean. Then you decide.

Good luck,

Matty

post-41613-1235178127_thumb.jpgpost-41613-1235178001_thumb.jpg

The shop lied to you... a perfect match is made... you can order it from carson toyota.. it is an OEM double din dash kit.... the only thing is it cost a bit more than the metra/scosche ones but the color and texture match is exact.

http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1726

The shop lied to you... a perfect match is made... you can order it from carson toyota.. it is an OEM double din dash kit.... the only thing is it cost a bit more than the metra/scosche ones but the color and texture match is exact.

I looked at the part from Carson and I'm pretty sure that's the part that I have. Looking closely it appears to be a black textured plastic as opposed to the smooth, gray-flecked finish of the Lexus dash plastic. But you learn something every day so when they open up today, I'll give Carson a call and my stereo shop as well and I'll post what I find out. If I'm wrong, I'll order that part and have it installed.

I spoke with Carson Toyota. The piece that you gave a link to does not have the Lexus factory finish; it is the same one I have. I know this because the guy at the parts counter said that there is only one manufacturer for that part. It is Japanese and it is designed to fit perfectly into the 2GS but it is not the factory finish. For that, you'd need to smooth it and then paint it to match the standard dash material.

On the other hand, once again, if Carson and I are wrong and somebody out there makes this kit with the actual Lexus/Toyota factory finish, I'd love to know about it.

You win this time Matty! Looks like I was wrong.. so i guess the one carson sells is just really overpriced...? I thought that it would at least be color matched for that amount of money...

Maybe this thread may shed some light... or at last stir up some ideas.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...n-your-2gs.html

You win this time Matty! Looks like I was wrong.. so i guess the one carson sells is just really overpriced...? I thought that it would at least be color matched for that amount of money...

Maybe this thread may shed some light... or at last stir up some ideas.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...n-your-2gs.html

Well, maybe I win with the Carson thing but you may have been right about there being a matching kit. On the thread you attached it looks like Speedaddic and BlackoutGS have true matching kits. The rest are like the one Carson sells. I notice that both of them have Eclipse head units; maybe that's the difference. I think I'll try to contact BlackoutGS to see where he got his kit and then see if they make one for Pioneer double-dins.

Thanks for keeping me honest. I'm always more impressed by what I don't know than with what I do know.