Yet Another Noobie

cmerc

Hi all, I just regestered and would appreciate some guidence with a problem on my 2007 ES350

I had to have the front right passenger door window replaced, and now I cant get the auto finction to opperate properly.

In auto UP the window goes full up, then comes back down about half way then stops, If I press down at that point it will go down all the way and stop, but then when I press close ., it repeats the sequence of all the way up, then half down again.

I disconnected the battery, and tride the auto program method of opening the window half open, then hold the button to fully close the window, and continue to hold the button for several seconds, but this does not do it.

Hope this all makes sense, any suggestions how to correct the problem?

Take it back to the people who replaced the window. Your car has a "pinch protection" feature that lowers the window if something (like a person's fingers) prevent it from closing -- a little like the safety features of an automatically reversing garage door opener.

I suspect that something is impeding the closing of the window ... maybe it is poorly aligned.

Have you tried it from the passenger door switch? Smooth1 recently mentioned that on another model, the IS, windows sometimes need to be reset using the switch on each door.

• 2 weeks later...