2002 Es300 Check Engine Light

mil0881

Hi everyone

my check engine light came on and had it checked out and the error code was P1135, which is the oxygen sensor Bank 1 and sensor 1 (the one behind the firewall)

I wanted to know if anyone has a Lexus part number and who makes it for Lexus is it Denso?

Thanks for the help

The OEM part is made by Denso. You can get these online for about $120. here

Correct, Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the sensor between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter (hardest one to get at) on the side of the engine closest to the firewall/windshield.

steviej

Correct, Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the sensor between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter (hardest one to get at) on the side of the engine closest to the firewall/windshield.

steviej

Thanks Steviej

steviej

Thanks Steviej

I emailed Park Place and they had no idea what error code P1135 is and they can't confirm if the upper oxygen sensor is the one I need to replace closest to the firewall/windshield.

Steviej or anyone is it the upper oxygen sensor I need to change?

Just want to make sure I buy the right one, especially since I have to deal with Canadian customs

Thanks

P1135 = Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

I am surprised they said they did not know. How did you phrase your question, or on the other hand, what exactly was their response?

steviej

"I am not sure what all that code means. If it is the one by the firewall that you need then it would be part number 89467-33060. That one is priced at $175.66 for the internet price. The best thing for you to do would be to get a mechanic to look at it and have them make the decision on which one you need. If you do that and it turns out that is the one you need (or if you need another one) then you can log onto our website www.newlexusparts.com and order it through there. Thank you for your inquiry with us, and I hope you have an excellent rest of the day!"

I managed to speak to them and got it all cleared up, I need the upper

Hi Everyone

a mechanic wanted to charge $380 for the part, Lexus wanted $295 plus taxes and Park Lexus wants $120 usd plus shipping and custom charges if any.

Guess I will order from Park Lexus as suggested by Steviej

It will also cost 1 1/2 of labor

Mike

Hi Everyone

a mechanic wanted to charge $380 for the part, Lexus wanted $295 plus taxes and Park Lexus wants $120 usd plus shipping and custom charges if any.

Mike

it takes less than 30 minutes to change this sensor out. Just do it when the engine is cold. It's a tight squeeze on your arm and it gets wicked hot back there.

steviej

Hi Everyone

Mike

it takes less than 30 minutes to change this sensor out. Just do it when the engine is cold. It's a tight squeeze on your arm and it gets wicked hot back there.

steviej

Thanks StevieJ