Cheap Place For Rx300 Parts?

mrchinky714

Hey guys while changing the fuel injectors of my RX300 I accidently broke the V bank cover. The place where you put the hex screws in was overtorqued and when i took them out i had to impact my wrench with a hammer and it caused 2 of the screw holders to break off. Is there any place where I can replace the entire V-bank cover for cheap? doesn't matter if its used. I tried looking at several parts sites, but nothing came up. much help would be appreciated thanks alot.

Hey guys while changing the fuel injectors of my RX300 I accidently broke the V bank cover. The place where you put the hex screws in was overtorqued and when i took them out i had to impact my wrench with a hammer and it caused 2 of the screw holders to break off. Is there any place where I can replace the entire V-bank cover for cheap? doesn't matter if its used. I tried looking at several parts sites, but nothing came up. much help would be appreciated thanks alot.

Sorry Mrchinky but I'm having a hard time visualizing the part. Is this the facia or cosmetic cover that goes over the top of the engine to hide it's ugliness? :lol: I can't figure otherwise what it would be.

Sorry Mrchinky but I'm having a hard time visualizing the part. Is this the facia or cosmetic cover that goes over the top of the engine to hide it's ugliness? :lol: I can't figure otherwise what it would be.

yeah its the valve cover that covers the ugly engine. :lol: I'm only calling it by what toyota calls it in their manuals. :lol: it really does make the engine bay look better so i need to get it replaced. Don't want to see an ugly engine everytime i change oil or something. :P

yeah its the valve cover that covers the ugly engine. :lol: I'm only calling it by what toyota calls it in their manuals. :lol: it really does make the engine bay look better so i need to get it replaced. Don't want to see an ugly engine everytime i change oil or something. :P

Did it actually break the plastic cover or just the bolts? From what I remember, the bolts that the round (allen insert) nuts go onto are the valve cover bolts. There are 3 of those special bolts across the front. Or did the hammer have a mind of it's own and hit the plastic cover? :unsure: The engine is pretty ugly without that cover isn't it? :blink:

Did it actually break the plastic cover or just the bolts? From what I remember, the bolts that the round (allen insert) nuts go onto are the valve cover bolts. There are 3 of those special bolts across the front. Or did the hammer have a mind of it's own and hit the plastic cover? :unsure: The engine is pretty ugly without that cover isn't it? :blink:

it was extremely overtorqued by the previous owner or whoever worked on the car. the Plastic around the bolts were cracked and broke off when i removed it. In the end only one of the plastic area stayed in tact and was moved. I then removed the broken pieces now all i have is uglyness staring at me when i look at the engine bay. :(

What we have here is failure to communicate! :lol:

Check this drawing part number 11259-20060

Hope that helps!

awesome billy thanks. The problem wasn't the part number though it was that no matter where i looked I just couldn't find it online. The "stealer-ships" will most likely over charge. I'll try to go to dealers that's a little bit further out now. Thanks!

What we have here is failure to communicate! :lol:

Check this drawing part number 11259-20060

Hope that helps!

awesome billy thanks. The problem wasn't the part number though it was that no matter where i looked I just couldn't find it online. The "stealer-ships" will most likely over charge. I'll try to go to dealers that's a little bit further out now. Thanks!

Look up Pick-A-Part. You're in Westminster and they have the 1 place on Beach Blvd. and they show a place east of Beach on Katella I think it is that stocks the newer cars and trucks. I have no idea if they will have it or not (you know it's self serve so you have to bring your own tools and take the parts off yourself). They do charge an entry fee so it's up to you- I have no idea whether they would have it or not. Just a thought.