2005 Rx330 Steering Wheel Vibration / Iphone & Bluetooth Setup

jordanflz

Just purchased an '05 RX330. Noticed between 65-75mph the steering wheel vibrates. Thought maybe it needs a rotate & balance but wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem.

Also I'm having trouble syncing my phone book from my Iphone w/ the bluetooth. Has anyone successfully done this?

Finally, thinking of updating the Navigation. Any good deals out there and would you recommend installing the DVD myself or going to a dealership?

Thanks for the help! Feel free to email me with any advice too.

- Jordan

The iPhone has limited to no compatibility with the Lexus Bluetooth system. It was recently removed from the capability list on the Lexus website. Even when it was on the compatibility list, the iPhone was listed with almost no compatibility.

A wheel alignment, dynamic balance and tire rotation is a good place to start. If there are worn or damaged suspension components causing the vibration, a wheel alignment technician can usually find the problem quickly.

A variety of discount Lexus parts sellers are around and eBay is a possibility. Search this forum for the word "discount" and you will likely find some relevant thread. I think member Billyshaft recently posted information about upgrading the nav DVD.

The advanced search feature of this forum will often answer your questions. Click on Search .... More Search Options

Finally, thinking of updating the Navigation. Any good deals out there and would you recommend installing the DVD myself or going to a dealership?

You can do the Nav dvd yourself! :)

Check out this PDF on how to access the Nav dvd. Very easy process and takes about 10 minutes to do if you have never done it before.

RXNavi_1_.pdf

The biggest concerns I have seen from people updating their nav are:

1. Does it have the data I am looking for? People dont want to spend good money on something and hope it has their street/subdivision or whatever.

2. Will I still be able to override the lockout when we are moving?

To see if the data is included in the latest software, click the link in my sig and it will show you how you can determine if the update is worth it or not. If you like what you see in the 8.1 update, there are several of the online sellers who have the discs at a discount. Sewell Lexus is one of them as an example.

Your 2005 RX330 is a Generation 4 Nav system, same as mine. If you update your data to anything newer than 5.1, you will lose the ability to override your system. Some of us Gen 4 guys have used what is called a hybrid disc to allow us to use 6.1 data with a 5.1 loading file. This is a little more updated and still allows the bypass. A quick search on Hybrid NAV disc will get you more information if this is a solution you want to pursue.

Hope that helps with this section of your question.