Use Aftermarket Fan Bracket Or Lexus Oem Only?

90LS400Lexus

As you all know, my LS400 has a broken fan bracket bearing and it has to be replaced. Looks like its quite a task to change. I have found one online on ebay for $55.00 and I guess its not a OEM part. The lowest price OEM Lexus/Toyota part I found was $165.00. My dealer wants $257.58 for the part.

I am wondering, would I be OK just going with the $55.00 aftermarket part, or since its so hard to get at, should I go with the OEM part for $110.00 more?

I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about the quality of these aftermarket parts.

Thanks.

Aftermarket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-97-4-0L-...sQ5fAccessories

Lexus/Toyota OEM:

http://www.factorylexusparts.com/servlet/t...TORY-FAN/Detail

What I would do is go to your local auto parts store (Advance, AutoZone) and check out what prices they have. I would not trust eBay.

Thanks, but I have not been able to locate that part at either of those locations. :unsure:

Where else have you looked? IronToad.com, Carson Toyota, Park Place Lexus, etc.?

I guess you can take a risk and go with the eBay part. Personally, I would probably bite the bullet and go for the $110 upgrade to OE.

Can you remove the pulley and replace the bearing? When I replaced the timing belt on my '99, I discovered that the serpentine belt tensioner pulley made a little bit of noise, so I wanted to fix that while I was doing the other work. I had ordered and already receivedall my other parts via a discount Lexus parts place on the net, but didn't want to have to wait for another part. I called around.....the local Toyota dealer wanted $72, which is list, but did not have it in stock. One dealer wanted $92 and another wanted $122. I think to myself, "the pulley is fine; the bearing is a little worn.....". Found a bearing at Auto Zone for $5, and found a shop to press out the old one and press in the new one......they charged me $2. lol I find $7 far superior to $122...at least when I am on the giving, not the receiving end. Lexus probably would have liked it, though......

• 2 weeks later...

I got the OEM Lexus bracket at Lexus Parts World out of California and highly recommend them! The bracket was $155. They were very helpful. When I ordered with my credit card on Saturday, I had keyed in a wrong #. They called me Monday to verify. Since it was 5 day shipping and I needed the part by Friday evening, they helped me out and sent it 3-day! I thought that was very nice! If you need an OEM fan bracket, get it there.

Thanks for all of the replies/advice.

this is where I got mine...

http://www.lexuspartsworld.com/Scripts/pro...p;idCategory=74