My 1999 Lx470 Has Right Headlight Lens Broken .

kvle

Hi all ,

My 1999 LX470 has right headlight lens broken . A small stone hit it when I was driving on freeway .

Does anybody know where I can buy one to replace it ( aftermarket part is fine ) ?

Thanks

I've never seen the lens for any Lexus headlight being available separately like they are on some European cars. I think you are stuck with buying the whole assembly. There are a bunch of on-line sellers that discount Lexus parts ... like http://www.lexuspartsonline.com/index2.htm...p;siteid=214281

You might check Sewell Lexus: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/

I see a used right side LX470 headlight assembly on eBay today for $149 although the description says it has a small chip in the lens.

Or check a salvage yard including the ones with websites -- most are in networks that can find parts.

You might try using some clear epoxy to close up the hole on your damaged lens unless it is completely trashed.

I've never seen the lens for any Lexus headlight being available separately like they are on some European cars. I think you are stuck with buying the whole assembly. There are a bunch of on-line sellers that discount Lexus parts ... like http://www.lexuspartsonline.com/index2.htm...p;siteid=214281

You might check Sewell Lexus: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/

I see a used right side LX470 headlight assembly on eBay today for $149 although the description says it has a small chip in the lens.

Or check a salvage yard including the ones with websites -- most are in networks that can find parts.

You might try using some clear epoxy to close up the hole on your damaged lens unless it is completely trashed.

Thanks for your info 1990LS400

I will check on those websites .

Yeah usually you can get them on ebay for cheap. Maybe ones that are cracked and chipped like yours already or that have tabs missing. Which is no big deal. A new one from the dealership will run you about $450.00. I HAVE seen a few on ebay that are aftermarket that kind of have the "halo" type feature that BMW uses...but I think they look cheap. If you are REALLY wanting to save some money.....fill in the crack or chip with a hot glue gun!! It won't be that obvious.

Yeah usually you can get them on ebay for cheap. Maybe ones that are cracked and chipped like yours already or that have tabs missing. Which is no big deal. A new one from the dealership will run you about $450.00. I HAVE seen a few on ebay that are aftermarket that kind of have the "halo" type feature that BMW uses...but I think they look cheap. If you are REALLY wanting to save some money.....fill in the crack or chip with a hot glue gun!! It won't be that obvious.

Thanks NicLX470 .

I checked on Ebay and searched on Google as well as checked on some local junk yards but none of them have the one I need .

Yes. You are right . If I get this right headlight assembly from dealer, it would cost me over 400 bucks .

Currently I am using some clear tape and it looks pretty good .

Probably I would use some clue as you suggested to save money .

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks NicLX470 .

I checked on Ebay and searched on Google as well as checked on some local junk yards but none of them have the one I need .

Yes. You are right . If I get this right headlight assembly from dealer, it would cost me over 400 bucks .

I might have the lens, that you need, email me : vadimb@hotmail.com, I am replacing my headlight, because all the tabs are broken, but he lenses are good.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks NicLX470 .

I might have the lens, that you need, email me : vadimb@hotmail.com, I am replacing my headlight, because all the tabs are broken, but he lenses are good.

Do you still have this lens available? I am looking for a new one on the driver side. Mine is chipped.

Thanks,

JD