Engine Valve Timing Problem

HaiTran

Hi there,

I have a Lexus rx300 1999, with the engine light is on. I used ODB2 scanner to scan my car and it tells me the code of P1365.

After I change all 6 ignition coils and spark plugs, the problem reappears on the next day with the same problem/code. After spending

lots of time and by luck, I found the problem (I used screw driver to hit the valve/sensor mounted on the engine head driver side)

and the problem disappear. I just don't know what the name of this part called. It's something called Variable Valve Timing (bank 2)

system or VVT controller Assembly.

If you know the name of the part, please let me know so I can order and replace it.

Thank you very much,

You might be able to find the part by navigating around these drawings: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1999_LEXU...GKA_8414.2.html

It might be good to go back to http://www.toyodiy.com and start over -- not sure if I chose the correct version of the 99 RX. These diagrams don't show all parts but they are often helpful.

It's quite hard to recognize the part as you posted on the diagram. When I have a chance to bring my car to my friend's garage,

I will take a picture of it and post it on. It seems to be OK now, but I know it won't last long.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Thanks again,

I eventually find out what this call.

It's called Variable Valve Timing Sensor and Toyota part number is 90080-19014.

I hope If some one has the same problem, check this valve/sensor first before changing

ignition coils/ spark plugs.

Somehow, we need to think more than just the scanner tell us.

Regards,

PS. So many mechanics that I ask don't see this valve broken before. Even online search for this part does not exist, Why?

I used software Mitchell - OnDemand to find out.