Downsizing To 17" Gs Or Is Rims

fastfinger

:rolleyes: When the teenagers change tires for 20's.. they move way down in the aspect ratio and leave themselves with almost no sidewall and a hard as nails ride... I wish to go the other way and have a sc430 with a more LEXUS like ride --- by finding some 17" rims that will not interfere with my rotors/calipers and allow me to put on a more comfortable tire, with more sidewall to absorb the bumps.

I'm past the tire burnout phase of my life. ANY suggestions / recommendations will be appreciated. quickclick@gmail.com

A person on another Lexus forum reported using 17" wheels from a Lexus GS with snow tires on his SC430. I can't find threads where your question has really been discussed.

Does your car have run-flat tires? Most people with run-flats on 18" wheels are extremely happy (and relieved) with the ride after they get rid of of the run-flats and get regular tires -- which means getting the spare tire kit that came with SC430's without run-flats or taking a chance on having to call a two truck if you have a flat tire.

If you are intent on getting 17" wheels and tires, a good place to start might be a wheel shop or even a Lexus dealer. Lexus dealers sometimes have "take-off" wheels from when new car buyers buy optional wheels. I bought a set of new LS take-off wheels from a Lexus dealer to use with snow tires on my first LS almost 20 years ago ... still remember the price ... $400 for the set of four wheels.

:rolleyes: When the teenagers change tires for 20's.. they move way down in the aspect ratio and leave themselves with almost no sidewall and a hard as nails ride... I wish to go the other way and have a sc430 with a more LEXUS like ride --- by finding some 17" rims that will not interfere with my rotors/calipers and allow me to put on a more comfortable tire, with more sidewall to absorb the bumps.

I'm past the tire burnout phase of my life. ANY suggestions / recommendations will be appreciated. quickclick@gmail.com

Finally someone who's listening to his kidneys! Goodonya! :cheers: